The aim of the course:
is to provide a program that allows attendees to go away with sufficient working knowledge of BS 5837 in relation to :
- Undertaking a tree survey
- Determining a category of tree retention
- Identifying the preliminary constraints posed by trees and preparing an initial statement of arboricultural impacts
- Producing an Arboricultural Impact Assessment
- Producing a Tree Protection Plan and an Arboricultural Method Statement (AMS)
- Each candidate will be provided with templates and other relevant information which they can take away on disk
Equipment: it is essential that attendees come with a laptop computer, coloured pencils, drawing compass and a scale rule. A copy
of BS5837 with you would also assist you on the day.
A Guide to the day: the day will start with an in depth look at the use of BS 5837 and progress through the preparation of a plan
showing the constraints posed by trees, an arboricultural impact assessment, a draft tree protection plan and discussion on a final development design for a real site. After
lunch the candidates will prepare an AMS and a tree protection plan appropriate to their final design with the guidance of the course tutor.
Included in the course: buffet lunch, disk of templates and workbook for candidates to take away to help them complete BS5837 reports
on their own.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided
We look forward to seeing you at our Syston Training Centre!